A stay at Beachwood Post-Acute & Rehab begins with an evaluation by our team of physicians, therapists, nurses, social services, and other support staff. These meetings allow us to design a personalized care plan focused on returning our patients to their highest level of independence as quickly as possible.
Our therapy gym and rehab suites offer a unique and personalized experience for patients recovering from:
- Neurological impairments
- Orthopedic procedures
Rehabilitation takes place in our fully-equipped therapy gym under the guidance of experiences professional therapists.
Our services include:
- Fully staffed, In-house physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Therapy offered 7 days a week as appropriate
- Stroke and neurological recovery program
- Orthopedic rehabilitation program
- Return to home and activities of daily living retraining program
- Fall prevention and balance retraining program
Our therapy gym features breathtaking panoramic ocean views to help our patients feel at peace while reaching their individual goals.
Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving the patient’s highest functional level of independence. Physical therapy focuses on identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as future injury prevention. Following evaluation, our experienced physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Increase strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increase motor control for a resident who has suffered a stroke
- Improve coordination, balance and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improve overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Pain management
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the resident
Our professional occupational therapists use task-directed activities in the treatment of our patients whose functional abilities, daily activities and independence have been impaired by illness, injury or aging.
Occupational therapy assists patients in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists may work with those who have debilitating arthritic conditions or those with difficulty bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living. They assist those with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking, etc.
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Our speech therapists provide a range of interventions to assess and help restore abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing and cognition. Treatment programs are designed to help those affected by stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders. Our professionals also work with those suffering from hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills: memory, problem solving, and abstract reasoning
- Resident and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing
Our respiratory therapists evaluate and treat individuals who have trouble breathing or those with respiratory associated illnesses such as asthma, pneumonia, emphysema, bronchitis and sleep apnea.
Respiratory therapy services include:
- Nebulized Breathing Treatments
- Ventilatory Assistance
- Chest Physiotherapy
- Breathing Exercises
- Patient Education
- Assistance with CPR
- Airway Management